Thursday, July 22, 2010

Golf Club Update

Continued from Blog Post on July 7...

Slowly but surely I have worked every angle possible on the Nike Golf Clubs. They were on their way out the door in the garage (waiting to be sold) when I casually asked my husband that they sleep in the house. He was defiant in them being moved into the house until I softly suggested that they might get dirty in the garage. The following scenario ensued:

“Honey, I think the clubs are cold in the garage.”

My husband rolled his eyes and with a heavy sigh says to me,“Dacia, they are fine. They are golf clubs.”

“I know, but they really don’t want to go live with someone else.” At this point, I am stooping so low that I only bring this subject up with a low-cut shirt on. Without doubt he can’t say no to ‘the girls’.

“Well, we aren’t good enough to play with them,” my husband says as he looks reluctantly at the floor. “They need to be sold.”

With fret flooding my body, I suddenly panic envisioning some schmuck walking away with the precious golf clubs I have been eyeing for months.

“Wonderful almighty husband,” I coo, “Friends come over and smoke in our garage…surely you don’t want the clubs smelling like smoke do you?”

With a heavy sigh, he puts down the bucket he was carrying and very firmly says to me, “They may stay in the house, only until they are sold on Craigslist. Then, they need to go!”

“Okay!” I agree and once again all is well in Dacialand. I still haven’t listed them on Craigslist but they are one step closer to being mine as I have them sitting next to my book shelf…

1 point for The Girls—0 points for the husband!

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment